BVK-SBP Grant 2018
Research prizes of the BVK/SBP - Guidelines 2018
- This prize of an amount of 2.500€ will be granted during the next edition of the BVK/SBP Congress to take place on March 8-9, 2018. The prize rewards authors of one or more original scientific work(s) in the field of paediatrics. The work can be either published or unpublished.
The scientific work(s) must be linked to one of the Belgian Universities or University hospitals and contribute to the development of paediatrics in Belgium. The applicant can be of Belgian or foreign nationality provided that the research activities are conducted in Belgium in a paediatric context.
- Candidates need to be:
- graduated physicians for a period of less than 15 years on the date of submission deadline
- pediatricians or pediatricians in training
- members of the BVK/SBP.
- Applications have to be written in English. They must contain a short description of the work (max 10 A4 pages) including the (un)published articles. A curriculum vitae of the candidate, written in English, ought to be attached to the application.
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to Anne-France De Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org), BVK/SBP secretary, before December 31, 2017 (deadline postponed).
- The award will be granted on the grounds of the recommendations of a jury, which will comprise members of the Steering Committee of the BVK/SBP and experts from European Societies of Paediatrics.
The outcome of the evaluation will be presented at the 2018 BVK/SBP Congress. Candidates are required to attend the congress and to present their projects during the dedicated session of the congress on March 9, 2018 in Brussels.
- BVK/SBP is empowered to decide not to award the prizes conditional on the quality and number of submissions.
Best 5 Abstracts : Prizes sponsored by the BVK-SBP and Nestlé Infant Nutrition
Every year, during the congress, prizes of € 750 each are awarded to the best 5 abstracts :
2 are sponsored by the BVK-SBP and 3 are sponsored by Nestlé Infant Nutrition
All selected abstracts will be considered for prizes.
Prizes are awarded to the first author, who should also be the presenting author. Therefore presenting authors are strongly encouraged to be present during the BVK/SBP Awards session on Friday March 9, 2018 at 17:00. The 5 winners will receive a formal prize certificate during this session. If the presenting author cannot be present, the prize can exceptionnaly be given to one of the co-authors.
The abstracts will be evaluated by the chairpersons and by the scientific committee. The 3 best oral presentations and the 2 best poster presentations will be rewarded.